Wednesday, April 18th, we celebrate World Amateur Radio Day, recognizing radio amateurs who are new behind the mic, aspiring radio DJ's, or simply just have a passion and curiosity for being on-air. With interest for the radio industry, we are constantly bringing fresh minds, ideas, content and personalities on air and continue the advancement of radio as an art.
A common pool of radio amateurs include college students who volunteer their time and receive trained, real-life exposure to what the radio world is like. This introduction into the field allows them to get experience to grow and develop their radio skills.
Check out this list from the Princeton Review of top college radio stations. Some of them you can even stream on NextRadio, so be sure to check out the young talent!
- St. Bonaventure University (WSBU-88.3 FM, St. Bonaventure, NY)
- Manhattanville College (WMVL, Purchase, NY)
- Emerson College (WERS 88.9FM and WECB, Boston, MA)
- Carleton College (KRLX 88.1 FM, Northfield, MN)
- Syracuse University (WAER 88.3 FM, WERW, WJPZ 89.1 FM, Syracuse, NY)
- Ithaca College (WICB 91.7 FM and VIC Radio, Ithaca, New York)
- Reed College (KRRC, Portland, OR)
- St. Michael’s College (WWPV-LP 92.5 FM, Colchester, VT)
- Chapman University (ChapmanRadio.com, Orange, CA)
- Fordham University (WFUV 90.7 FM, Bronx, NY)
Download NextRadio now to listen to your local college station or stream one of these top amateur stations to hear your favorite music, news, and sports talk anytime and anywhere.